(WASHINGTON) – U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), Chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, today made the following statement on the recent rocket attacks against Israel by Hamas. Statement by Ros-Lehtinen:
“The rocket attacks launched against Israel by Hamas in the past two days are a devastating reminder of the threats posed to Israel in its own backyard, and why close U.S.-Israel security cooperation and assistance is critical.
“Many of these rockets were intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system. While the Administration had proposed cutting funding for the Iron Dome this year, Congress stepped in to restore the funding for this vital defense system. We remain firmly in Israel’s corner against the number of threats it faces from extremists and their state-sponsors, and will continue to support a wide range of security assistance to our friend and ally.
“Congress remains committed to ensuring the safety and security of Israel and Israelis. We will continue to ensure that Israel has the ability to protect its citizens against these assaults by violent extremists.”
- ICYMI - ROS-LEHTINEN OPED IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES: Benghazi reveals heightened need for anti-terrorism
- Committee Examines What Went Wrong in Benghazi and How to Prevent Future Incidents at other Frontline Posts
- ICYMI - ROS-LEHTINEN OPED IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES: Obama still trying to sweet-talk Iran out of building the bomb
- ICYMI - Ros-Lehtinen Oped in the Sun-Sentinel: Venezuelans have chance at democracy, human rights
- ICYMI - Ros-Lehtinen Oped in Haaretz: Stop helping the UN help Iran
- More Blog Posts »